Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Jigsaw Marquees.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, when you provide it to us or, occasionally, from third parties.
What type of information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address and information regarding your event requirement. We may also collect information regarding what web pages, if any, you access and other personal information.
If you make a payment to us your payment details are not held by us but are collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of such transactions.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you
- to seek your comments on the services we have provided
- to notify you of changes to our services
- to send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you
- to process a job application
- for administrative and business purposes
- for advertising and analytical purposes
- in connection with our legal rights and obligations
- for certain additional purposes but only with your consent
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems only for so long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract with you.
Who has access to your information?
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; Benchmark. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address